This pastry is like WHAO! Looking for something sweet and simple to make for your valentine? Well, look no more because this is the best happy treat. It is super simple to prepare. It is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and made from scratch with all-natural ingredients, except for the pastry sheet and the dairy-free butter, which were store-bought.
We used our Go Nuts granola for this recipe. The Go Nuts Granola is loaded with tree nuts from almonds and cashews. Almonds and cashews are rich in iron, fiber, magnesium, calcium, and proteins. These good fats help to promote a healthy heart and healthy skin. Click here to learn more or purchase the Go Nuts Granola.
I made these happy treats for my friends this weekend, and it was gone in no time. We love this recipe because it is light, low in calories, and a healthier way to indulge. You could even eat it for breakfast or a snack. The sizes are perfect for small gatherings. For this recipe, I used fresh apricots and fresh raspberries. I also used raspberry for the sorbet. I will share the recipe in another post. But you can buy yours from the store or replace it with ice cream.
Apricots look like small peaches. They are tart and highly nutritious with many health benefits. We wanted to use the filo sheets for this recipe, but we alternated because we couldn’t find it. We used the spring roll pastry, you can find them in the frozen food section of your local grocery store or at your local Chinese grocery store, or you can use a filo sheet.
The chocolate drizzle on top is a simple mix of hazelnut butter, agave syrup, and cocoa powder. This is a great and quick combination for a good chocolate flavour. The crunch combined with the filling and the sorbet and chocolate drizzle is a mouth full of celebrations. A perfect valentine’s day treat.
For 6 servings
- Spring Roll Pastry
- 4-5 Fresh Apricots
- ½ cup Raspberries
- ¼ cup Dairy-Free Butter
- 2 cups of our very own Go Nuts Granola
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Hazelnut Butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa butter
- ¼ cup Agave syrup or Maple syrup
- Dice 3-5 apricots
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Sautee diced apricots
- Toss in raspberries
- Let cook for 5-10 mins
- Add vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and stir
- Pour Go Nuts Granola into the sauce and stir till evenly mixed. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Use butter or oil to grease your cupcake tray.
- Place pastry sheets in each cup in the tray
- Use a tablespoon to portion the filling in each cup
- Fold the pastry sheets with your hand to cover each of the fillings in the cup. Use a toothpick to keep it down.
- Bake for 15-20mins until it is pastry is crusty and lightly golden.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool.
- Mix hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, and agave syrup for the chocolate drizzle in a small bowl.
- To serve, scoop some raspberry sorbet on top of the pastry, drizzle some hazelnut chocolate, and sprinkle more granola for added crunch.